Replacement Windows on Long Island are an excellent investment for any homeowner looking to sell their house at some point later on and are a great way to add value and improve the overall comfort of your home. But are replacement windows really worth the cost? Yes, if you’re looking for increased energy efficiency and comfort in your home. Here is some information about the benefits of replacement windows and deciding whether or not they’re right for you.
Replacement Windows: All you need to know
Replacement windows are an investment. Whether you’re replacing your current ones because they’re outdated, or looking to replace them for the first time, you need to know if it’s worth the cost. Windows can range in price anywhere from $500-$2000 per window depending on style, size, and features like double-paned glass or argon gas.
This means that a homeowner could spend upwards of $10k on window replacement projects. So before you decide if replacement windows are worth the cost, here are some things to consider:
1) What is your home’s architectural style?
2) Is there any damage (chips/cracks)?
3) How long have you had your current windows?
4) Do you live in an area with extreme weather?
5) How energy efficient are your current windows?
6) What kind of features do you want in your new windows?
Replacement windows can vastly improve the look and comfort level of your home. If you have an old home with outdated, single-pane windows, replacement windows can make a world of difference. Not only will they improve your home’s appearance, but they’ll help you save on energy bills!
Benefits of Replacing Windows
There are many benefits to replacing your house windows, let’s go through them below:
– Replacement windows will make your home more comfortable to live in. drafty windows can be a real annoyance, but with new replacement windows, you’ll finally get the peace and quiet you deserve.
– Replacement windows can keep you and your family safe. Old windows are easy to break into but new, tougher windows will be harder for burglars to crack.
– If you have old, damaged windows, replacement windows can help restore them to their former glory. Chips and cracks can let in moisture and pests, so it’s important to repair them as soon as possible.
– Energy efficiency and new windows go hand in hand, which means you are looking at long-term costs savings.
– If you live in an area that experiences extreme weather, replacement windows can help keep your home comfortable even when it’s blustery cold or scorching hot outside.
Styles of windows
There is so much variety when it comes to window styles that you are guaranteed to find one that suits your needs a taste:
These are the most basic type of window and the least expensive. However, they’re also the least efficient.
These glass windows feature two layers. This helps retain the heat during the cold months and keep it out during the hot ones. They’re more expensive than single-pane windows, but they’re worth the investment.
Like double-pane windows, triple-pane windows glass features three layers. They’re even more efficient than double-paned windows and are a good choice if you want the best possible insulation.
A double-hung window is the most popular type of replacement window and comes in a variety of styles and colors. They open from the top and bottom and are a good choice if you want maximum ventilation. Aside from double-hung window models, there are also single-hung windows, which open from the top only, and casement windows, which open outwards.
Low-E (energy efficient) windows
These windows reduce the number of ultraviolet rays that come through by about 30%. They’re great for keeping out hot and cold air, but they’re also expensive.
Vinyl replacement windows are very popular as they are cheap, easy to maintain, and durable. They come in a variety of styles and colors so they can fit into any home’s design.
A picture window is a large, fixed glass window that allows you to enjoy the view from anywhere in your home. They’re usually more expensive than other types of windows and aren’t as efficient as other types – but they compensate for this with their divine beauty.
Contact Ecoview Windows of Long Island to schedule a FREE ESTIMATE to add value to your home, reduce your energy costs & greatly improve the look & comfort of your home!
Contact us from our website or call us now at (631) 538 – 4731.